For more than 28 years, Resonetics has designed, manufactured and serviced laser micromachining workstations to solve complex challenges in products designed from polymers. As a leading contract manufacturer, we typically build the systems for our own use. There are times, however, when you need your own in-house laser processing capability. We are well-equipped to meet this need, and we work collaboratively to provide a comprehensive solution including training and service.
We understand that your requirements are unique, so unlike other systems integrators who mass-produce standard systems, we focus on customized work stations that are tailored to your specific needs. We will deliver a true turnkey solution that's read for your process validation as soon as it's installed on your factory floor.
You'll work with our state-of-the-art Lightspeed ADL application development lab, which is equipped with 10 laser workstations of various wavelengths and a team of engineers and technicians who will dial in a laser configuration and manufacturing process before you need to commit to a particular system for purchase.
With our many years of experience in laser micromachining and systems integration, chances are good that we’ve already identified manufacturing solutions to solve problems like yours.
We integrate a wide variety of laser technologies into these systems and choose the optimal wavelength to meet quality, throughput and cost objectives. The specific laser technologies we’ve worked with include the following:
- Excimer (193nm, 248nm)
- DPSS (1064nm, 532nm, 355nm, 266nm)
- CO2 (10.6um, 9.4um)
- Femtosecond (1550nm, 1064nm, 532nm)
- Picosecond (1064nm, 532nm, 355nm)
The laser systems handle 2-D and 3-D components with a high degree of consistency and reliability. The material formats they handle include:
- Flat sheets 305mm x 305mm
- Tubes 0.1mm to 6.35mm (0.004” to 0.25”) diameter
- Fine wires, spooled or cut to length
- Web 51mm (2”) wide and beyond
- Individual molded and machined components
In-line Process Controls
The systems are built with in-line process controls such as:
- In-line power/energy meter
- Beam profiler
- Machine vision for alignment and/or inspection
- Autofocus sensor for part height detection
- Laser micrometers (for wire and tube diameter measurement)